Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Kissing Hand

 
During the first week of preschool we read a book called The Kissing Hand. It is about a little raccoon who is afraid to go to school on his own and be away from his mom. To help the little raccoon the mom gives him a kiss in the palm of his hand and any time he feels sad he can put his hand on his cheek.
 
After reading the story we traced each of the kids hand in sugar cookies and then baked them. While the cookies were baking we made white hand prints next to a poem from The Kissing Hand with a heart in the middle. Once the cookies were done the girls put a kiss in each of the hands for their moms'.
 
 


The poem says:
It's my first week of school and The Kissing Hand is what we read. It's about a raccoon who did just as his parents said. Like the raccoon's first day at school, I was scared and a little shy. but because of what you said, I was brave and got by. All through teh year, I'll make things for you. So as I change and as I learn you can see my growth too!


No comments:

Post a Comment